Friday, October 17, 2008

Short Subjects (Fox Comics)




Hey all, it's Friday, so "Thank God it's ...." and all that!

Here are a couple of short fillers from Rulah Jungle Goddess #18 (September 1948). One is a cute one-page humor piece and the other is a two-page jungle girl short starring Numa. I'm not sure whether she ever appeared after this issue, but she definitely had the chops, so maybe she'll pop up again someday.

Enjoy!

p.s.: I'm off to see American Splendor's own Harvey Pekar in Charlotte, NC today; plus a nice barbecue feast awaits me after visiting with old Harv at Shelton Drum's Heroes Aren't Hard To Find store in the Queen City of the Carolina's. Bye bye!

1 comment:

Mr. Karswell said...

Mmmmm, Numa Numa good. I think I'm finally coming around to why A.C. Hollingsworth is always mentioned in price guides and by collectors, cuz he's actually really good!Wouldn't know it from some of the pre-code horror stories I have by him which look like a two year old drew them. This Numa story actually show he knew what the hell he was doing. Totally weird, like a completely different artist.

Can't wait to hear how crabby Pekar was...