Friday, November 13, 2009

"Gal" Friday! Asdis Ran


Today I'm closing out my second week Sci-Fi (not "Syfy") oriented posts. It would be easy to continue in that vein too, since science-fiction and comic books have a relationship that goes all the way back to Superman's arrival on planet Earth. Like the fictional Man of Steel, the luscious lady above is totally out of this world!

Asdis Ran, the incredibly lovely lass that I've selected for today's "Gal" Friday post is known in Iceland as "The Icequeen", and that really stumps me; since looking at her photos doesn't leave me chilled at all. They make me want to melt!

Thanks to photographer Arnold Bjornsson for permission to use his photograph of Asdis Ran. I encourage you to visit his website for even more examples of his stunning photography. I envy Arnold his day job. It must be nice to snap pictures of one Nordic beauty after another, and while they aren't all blond goddesses like Asdis, heck, why quibble over such petty details. Let's just admit that the guy chose the right line of work and applaud his talent.

Asdis Ran is an Icelandic model, model agency owner, TV star, producer and PR/event manager. She has enjoyed a ten year reign as Iceland's most famous celebrity model. Just take a look at that amazing photo (click on it for a bigger version) and tell me that blonds aren't simply the best. As I mentioned last week, I'm in the market for a hot blond, but sadly I must report that Asdis is married to one fortunate soccer player.

She's still totally awesome in my book!

2 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

Chuck: I don't think it would be possible to agree any more regarding this Girl Friday. If she's the queen of ice, I wanna be frozen twice. -- Mykal

Sam G said...

*eyes pop out and jaw drops open ala Tex Avery wolf* Wow! Wonder how much a ticket to Iceland costs?