Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Monsters of Another Time" (St. John;1953)






Wow, breaking in another neat thriller from St. John Publishing's Strange Terrors #6 (Jan.1953) today, and it is the second story in a row that identifies the artist and it's the very same guy who drew this issues classic cover, Albert Tyler.

I'm going to resist the temptation to glance ahead and see if the next story in the queue reveals the creator too and that will be pretty tough, since it will actually be a few days before we get to that one. Drat!

This classic takes place in the great state of North Dakota. Now, I've gotta tell you that since I was stationed at an Air Force base in that large prairie state for almost three years back in the early 1980's, and I never saw any stand of woods large enough for the two hunters in this spooky tale to encounter the "Monsters of Another Time" - I'm just saying.

Enjoy!

No comments: